I hope this letter finds you well. This is a very special time of year. We have seen so much growth in the children both physical and intellectual. We are enjoying this time we have spent with you to discuss your child’s progress. As you know, we will be off on Friday, April 19th and return on Monday, April 29th to begin our final two months of school. Throughout my career I have often been approached by students informing me of how many days we have left in our school year. I must admit it is always a fun thing for me because when they tell me how many days are left, I always reply with, “Can you tell me how many hours that is?” or “Can you tell me how many minutes that is?” and they go off ready and eager to calculate this equation. This week, one of those students informed me that, when we return from spring break, we only have forty two days of school left. I can tell you I actually didn’t believe it but when I went back to the calendar, the student was absolutely spot on correct. He is currently calculating those hours and minutes for me as well.
Thank you and congratulations to:
- Our 4th and 5th graders who performed at the Jimerson Strings Festival on Monday, April 15th.
- Our P.T.A. for hosting the Neon Dance on Friday, April 12th.
When we return from break, the month of May will be upon us. Please keep the following events in mind:
- T.A. Meeting will be held on Monday, May 6th at 7:00 p.m.
- Grades K-2 students and their families are invited to Gym Night Thursday, May 9 from 5:30-7:00pm
- All grades will celebrate Earthfest on Thursday, May 16th
- Grades 1 and 2 Spring Concert will be held on Thursday, May 23rd at 9:30am in the All Purpose Room.
. Grades 4 and 5 Spring Concert will be held on Wednesday, May 29th at 7:00pm at the Nyack High School Auditorium.
I wish you all a wonderful spring recess and look forward to seeing you all when we return on Monday, April 29th.
Mr. Joseph Mercora