It is incredible for me to be writing this letter to you literally at the end of January. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was welcoming your children back from winter break. It has been a rapidly moving month with so many wonderful occasions that have taken place at our school. Let me start by thanking all of you for the continued support in working with your children. While this month is over, let’s look back on all that occurred.
Thank you to our P.T.A. for allowing me to give a presentation on bullying awareness at their last meeting.
We had an incredible talent show showcasing the amazing talent of our students. A special thank you to Suzanne Barrish, Mikaela Martin, Mr. Yankou, Glenn Schloss, Chris Barrish, Valerie Schmidt, April Hopkins, Stacy Rothschild, Kelly Schunk and with special gratitude to Elena Schloss for your guidance in making this production a success.
- Winter Concerts that allowed our students to demonstrate all that they have been working on in music classes this year. Thank you to Mr. Yankou, Ms. Johnsen and Ms. Winze.
- Thank you to the Nyack Rotary Club for visiting our school and reading to our first grade students. A special thank you to our librarian, Ms. Zwiebel and Family Resource Coordinator, Ms. Berlin for coordinating this visit. They were sensational and our students loved it.
- Our outstanding After School Adventure Program winter session is up and running. Thank you to Mr. Michael Lockett for his leadership and your team that provide enrichment opportunities for our students.
We look forward to February and all the great things that accompany it. Please remember that:
Our next P.T.A. meeting will be this coming Monday, February 3rd at 7:00 p.m. in the library.
- The Fifth Grade Science Fair will have an evening event on Thursday, February 13th from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thank you to Mr. Michael Jones for his tremendous work in making this happen.
- Spirit Week will take place the week of February 10th- 14th. More information to follow.
- Mid-Winter Recess is the week of February 17th – 23rd. School resumes on Monday, February 24th.
I wish you all a wonderful weekend and, if you are watching the Super Bowl, please enjoy the game!
Joe Mercora, Principal