Message from the Principal : Mr. Joe Mercora
Good Afternoon Amazing Families of Upper Nyack Elementary School,
I wanted to take this opportunity to again thank you for all of your support these past months. We are finished with winter and look forward to the warmer months ahead. Your children are doing remarkable work and we are all so proud of them. Today we will say good-bye to another Upper Nyack Elementary School legend. Our Family Resource Coordinator Ms. Rachel Berlin will be leaving us to take on another adventure in life. Rachel has been a tireless advocate for children and families for eighteen years at Upper Nyack. We will miss her and thank her for all that she has done for our school and community.
Just a few items:
1. Spring Break begins today. School will resume on Tuesday, April 6th.
2. Report Conferences are back. Once again all conferences will be virtual through ZOOM. Day conferences will be on April 9th and 16th. On those days all instruction will stop at 11:45 a.m. so conferences can begin. Evening Conferences will be Thursday, April 15th. All conferences are by appointment only. Our teachers have and will be reaching out to schedule conferences.
3. TRAVEL - Just a REMINDER that if your family is traveling over the break to please adhere to New York State Guidelines for quarantining as they apply. If you have any questions about this please call the school at 845-353-7260 or email our nurse Ms. Laura Weigel. email@example.com
4. A personal thank you to all of our families for keeping us all safe! Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
We wish you all a SAFE and RESTFUL break.
Mr. Joseph Mercora
Spotlight on UNE
For your information and review:
Technology information: Technology Resource for parents.pdf
- Information to manage your child's internet use.pdf
- Kinder registration instructions English and Spanish
- Report Card Benchmark Kindergarten 2
- Report Card Benchmark 1st Grade-1
- Report Card Benchmark 2nd Grade
- Report Card Benchmark 3rd Grade
- Report Card Benchmark 4th Grade
- Report Card Benchmark 5th Grade.pdf
BOE Meeting (rescheduled from May 4th)
6:30PM - BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
In response to New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo’s “New York State on PAUSE” Executive Order 202.97 to help curb the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, the Nyack Board of Education will not be meeting in-person. The May 11, 2021 Nyack Board of Education meeting will be held via videoconferencing, and a transcript will be provided at a later date. The public will have an opportunity to see and hear the meeting live and provide comments.
TO ACCESS THE MEETING VIA ZOOM WEBINAR PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW:
Webinar ID: 916 9015 2798
We suggest logging in at least five minutes before the start of the meeting.
Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, comments from the public must be submitted via the Zoom Q & A section and include your full nameNyack Public Schools
Board Candidates' Forum hosted by PTA/NAACP
To access the forum via Zoom: attinyurl.com/nyackboardzoom
or call 917-596-2927 for call-in instructionsNyack Public Schools
BOE Meeting: Budget/Trustee VoteNyack Public Schools
SCHOOLS CLOSED for Unused Snow DayNyack Public Schools
Memorial Day - No School/ClassesNyack Public Schools
Main Office (845) 353-7260
Main office fax (845) 353-7262
Nurse (845) 353-7270
Cafeteria (845) 353-7266
Family Res Ctr (845) 353-7268
Need to Know
- STUDENT ABSENCES MUST BE REPORTED TO 353-7270 or 353-7261 EVERY DAY. Email absence notifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This should be done as early as possible in the AM, 8:50 at the latest. Messages can be left on the Nurse's voicemail around the clock any day of the week. Messages will be retrieved every morning.
CHANGES IN DISMISSAL MUST BE MADE IN WRITING. PLEASE SEND THE TEACHER A NOTE AND PLACE IN FOLDER IN BACKPACK. NO DISMISSAL CHANGE WILL BE HONORED AFTER 2:00PM.
All communication to parents will be emailed. Thank you for your support of your students and our teachers at this time. Please email me with any concerns. (email@example.com)
Joe Mercora, Principal