Dear Elementary Families,
We hope this letter finds you well and enjoying the month of November. We would like to thank you for all of the amazing support you continue to give us during this unprecedented time. November is that most important month to remember to be thankful for the many positive things that are happening in our lives.
The purpose of this letter is to inform you of some important dates to keep in mind for the remainder of the month of November as well as December. Our hope is that by giving you these dates it will assist you in organizing your calendar over the next several weeks.
- November 11th – Veterans Day – School Closed-No Remote or In School Instruction
- November 25th – 11:45 a.m. dismissal for all students. To assure safety and social distancing.
- 11:30 a.m. Kindergarten Dismissed
- 11:35 a.m. – Walkers Dismissed
- 11:40 a.m. – Car Riders Dismissed
- 11:45 a.m. – Bus Students Dismissed
We ask that you please make dismissal arrangements for your children to ensure that all students leave school in a timely manner as well as arrive home safely. Upon dismissal, our buildings will be closed for the Thanksgiving Recess.
- November 26th and 27th – School Closed for Thanksgiving Recess No Remote or In School Instruction
In the month of December, please keep in mind the following dates:
- Parent teacher Conferences – Conferences will be conducted virtually and will be scheduled by the classroom teacher. A separate letter will go out prior to this event.
- December 11th and 18th – The instructional day will end at 11:45 a.m. Day time Report Card Conferences will take place according to your scheduled time.
- December 17th – Full day of instruction. - Evening Conferences according to scheduled time with the teacher. As a courtesy to working families, we are asking families that are able to schedule a day conference to please do so. This greatly helps your fellow community members who do not have the option of a day conference.
- December 23rd – Last full day of instruction before winter recess.
- December 24th-January 3rd 2021- Winter Recess- No Remote or In School Instruction
School resumes Monday January 4th, 2021 Cohort Red day
We hope this information is helpful to you and we wish you a wonderful day.
Your Elementary Principals,
Upper Nyack Elementary
Valley Cottage Elementary
All communication to parents will be emailed. Thank you for your support of your students and our teachers at this time. Please email me with any concerns. (email@example.com)
Joe Mercora, Principal