On behalf of the entire Upper Nyack Elementary School family, I hope this letter finds you well and enjoying this most beautiful time in our fall season. We have been so busy this past month with the work of educating your child. Together, between the home and the school, we work towards your child’s success. We believe that your child will make a difference in our world.
Thank you to our amazing PTA for a spectacular Fall Festival. Our Trunk or Treat event was so special for our students. It also speaks volumes about our wonderful Upper Nyack Community.
Looking ahead, we anticipate a wonderful month of November. Just a few items for your consideration:
· November 2nd: PTA Meeting 7:00 p.m.
· November 3rd: Election Day – School closed
· November 5th: SEPTSA Meeting 7:00 p.m. at Nyack Middle School
· November 11th: Veterans Day – School closed
· November 13th: Movie Night from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
· November 16th–20th: Book Fair Week (Book Fair Party Fri, 10/20 at 7:00pm)
· November 25th: Early Dismissal 11:45 am dismissal
· November 27th – 28th: Thanksgiving Holiday
· Parties, Treats etc.: Just a reminder to please review the allergy letter sent home earlier in the year (refer to our website under letters/flyers home). These precautions are in place for our student’s safety.
The work we do together is truly amazing. When you think about the process of educating students, we work towards the development of student’s social, emotional and physical development. We continue our work to respond to each child’s individual learning needs. Together we work to share our own interests and experiences to better develop a child. We work to respond to anything that will positively influence student learning. We do all of this together. Henry Ford said it best, coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress and working together is success. This is the definition of teamwork.
It is an honor to work with your child and thank you for all of your support.
Mr. Joseph Mercora
Peachjar is our NEW digital flyer system that posts flyers online. Parents receive E-flyers as digital images by email and can view school eflyers online quickly; store them; or share them.
Click Here to log in to the application to update family email addresses.